25 Jul 10 tips to kick off your 2018 goals
Hello lovely creatives
It’s hard to believe that it’s only 20 weeks to Christmas. As we’re halfway through 2018 this is a good time to refresh your writing goals. I try to do this every quarter to stay on track.
Here are 10 tips to kick off your 2018 goals
- Give yourself a good hour, a nice cup of coffee or glass of wine, and turn off your phone. Read through (or remember!) your new year goals.
- Make an inventory of what you’ve already achieved. Whoop a lot at anything you’ve completed: the re-write of that chapter, sending the story off to the competition, reading 3 out of your 5 how-to-write books.
- Write a list of everything still to do. Or simply brain dump everything that is overwhelming you. Get it all down on paper.
- Then work out what’s your priority. What are the 3 big ticket items you can realistically achieve by Christmas?
- Cross out the to-dos that are no longer relevant.
- Give yourself space to see if anything more important needs to come to the surface (hard to do unless you eliminate some items).
- On a separate piece of paper, re-write your list in order of priority. Give yourself a deadline for each job.
- Transfer to your calendar immediately.
- Feel good about letting go of stuff. Or putting on the back-burner for next year.
- Finish your drink. Eat cake.